Login and Connection
Right click on the ClientLoader.exe file, located in your Entropia Universe directory, and select "Run as administrator". If that does not work try the same with the Entropia.exe file.
Running the Entropia Universe on wireless solutions is not recommended. This is due to the many complications this technology involves, such as range to station, compatibility standards and loss of duplex capability.
The Entropia Universe is very packet intense and many WLAN device manufacturers fail to meet the requirements for running such traffic wireless.
Another difficulty that makes it hard for us to support WLAN is the variety of solutions available for WLAN, making it near to impossible to par up with knowledge-wise and to offer support about.
Wireless solutions themselves are not safe environments. Unless properly encrypted, these solutions can jeopardize your account information amongst other things.
If you are experiencing issues with your wireless LAN, we can only advise you to do an overview and see that certain criteria like bandwidth and latency are met.
Also, make sure you have the latest firmware for your wireless station/router.
If you experience rubberbanding when being in Entropia Universe and your Windows XP computer has an AMD or Intel dual core processor, we advise you to download a dual core optimizer from Microsoft.
If you are using AMD Athlon 64 X2, Turion X2, Dual Core Opterons or similar, download and install these two files below:
If you are using Intel Pentium 4 w/ HT, Pentium D, Core Duo, Core 2 Duo or Dual Core Xeons download and install this file:
- Start the client by clicking on the application icon that has been created on your desktop during the installation of the client software
- On the Login window, press the 'Launch' button* in the lower right hand corner.
- Write your Username and Password and press Login to start your Entropia Universe experience.
* If you are not able to locate the 'Launch' button, please check your own screen resolution settings. The Entropia Universe Client Software requires a minimum resolution of 1024x768 (16 bit or higher).
Please contact Entropia Universe Support for assistance.
- The fields where you write your Username and Password are case sensitive, so please make sure you write the lower case and upper case letters on the right place.
- You can change your Password and find out which Username you have here.
- If you still cannot log in, please contact Entropia Universe Support.
This could indicate that the connection speed has been set too high on the client. Typically, there is a lot of data to receive when moving around in crowded or graphically complex areas. If the client has a very high connection speed, it is more likely that packets will be dropped on its way to the client.
In some cases, users that have had this problem and were using a router, had a more stable game play after updating the router firmware. If you are using a router, try to temporarily disconnect your router and connect your computer directly to the internet (LAN/Modem).
You can also try changing the Connection speed under "Tools" in the bottom right corner of your Entropia Universe Client Loader. Even if you have ADSL or an even better connection, try setting the lowest connection speed to check if that improves your situation. If this resolves your issue, you may try to increase the setting step by step, to see which connection speed works best for your system.
You could also try disabling the sound under "Tools" in the bottom right corner of your Entropia Universe Client Loader to see if this improves your situation.
There are a few things you should check:
- Do you meet the minimum system requirements?
- Are all checks green in the "Your Computer" status on the Login Window?
- Try lowering your Connection setting in "Options" on the Entropia Universe Login Window. Even though you have ADSL or an even better connection, try setting the connection speed to 56 kbit to check if that improves your situation. If yes, you may try to set it higher step by step, to see which connection speed works best with your specific system.
- Open these ports in your firewall:
- 20, 21 (TCP Outbound) - Additional TCP Port outbound for passive mode FTP
- 80 (Outbound)
- 30584 (UDP inbound/outbound)
- 30583 (TCP Outbound)
- 554 (TCP Inbound)
- If you have a router, make sure the router configuration has Ports 20,21, 30584 and 30583 forwarded to your computer. Also make sure the f irmware of your router is up-to-date (please turn to the manufacturer of your router for any specific questions regarding this matter)
- Try disabling the sound in "Options" on the Entropia Universe Login Window
- Check if the Entropia Universe is down for upgrades by reading the Support News section.
- Please make sure that the Entropia Universe is a non restricted application in your anti-virus software and firewalls, including the Norton firewall if you have Norton AntiVirus software.
- If the above suggestions are fulfilled you could try removing the Entropia Universe completely from your computer via 'Add/Remove programs' in the 'Control Panel'. Then download the Client Software again, and install everything from scratch.