Entropia Universe 15.2.0 Release Notes
- The Skills interface now displays the total amount of avatar skills, along with totals for each skill category.
- The appearance of interface dialogs and confirmation boxes has been improved.
- A new Pet Status interface has been implemented to track pet status and progress.
- Pets can now be of various rarities, which can be viewed in the Pet Status interface.
- A new resource called Animal Essence has been implemented that can be obtained by compressing the life energy of a pet. Animal Essence can only be obtained from tamed creatures, and is used to unlock various Taming system abilities and features.
- The Pet Center management interface now allows Stable owners to select from a variety of pet buffs to offer to customers. Note that the variety and cost of the Pet Center buffs are subject to change in future releases based on balancing requirements.
- Pets can now unlock passive abilities when certain criteria are met. Each tamable creature type has a different set of unlockable abilities, and only one ability can be activated at a time.
- To avoid confusion with similarly-named taming system effects, two existing Mindforce effects have been renamed. ‘Metabolic Acceleration’ now refers to increased pet food consumption. The avatar run-speed buff is now known simply as ‘Acceleration’. ‘Metabolic Deceleration’ now refers to decreased pet food consumption. The avatar run-speed debuff is now known as ‘Deceleration’.
- Metabolic Acceleration Chip I has been renamed to Acceleration Chip I. Higher level mindforce chips imparting the Acceleration buff have been renamed similarly.
- Metabolic Inhibition Chip I has been renamed to Deceleration Chip I. Higher level mindforce chips imparting the Deceleration buff have been renamed similarly.
- Reimplemented several previously existing avatar emotes, including Vain, Feminine, Masculine, Sporty, Happy, Shy, and others.
- Client launch has been optimized to reduce startup time.
- Optimizations have been made to reduce load time of items placed in estates.
- Death effect now only plays once when an avatar dies.
- The Voice Chat system has been deactivated for technical reasons. A secondary effect of this change is that the maximum team size will now be 12 for all participants.
- Based on data obtained from several stress tests performed during the past weeks, optimizations to the platform infrastructure have been implemented, with additional improvements which are planned in the coming releases. Thanks to everyone who assisted in these efforts by participating in the stress test events.
- Fixed an issue causing distance to waypoints to flicker while in space.
- Fixed an issue preventing pets from being summoned after teleporting.
- Fixed an issue causing sticky notes to be cleared when the text length limit was exceeded.
MindArk and the Planet Partners strive to ensure a smooth and problem-free Version Update. Nevertheless, even after extensive testing some issues may arise after release. Such issues are often addressed via mini-patches directly after a release and in subsequent patches. If you feel that the possibility of encountering minor issues or bugs directly after a Version Update affects your gameplay to an extent that Entropia Universe is not enjoyable, please wait until the mini-patches have been released and any last minute issues have been resolved.