Video and Sound
Please try following these steps, depending on the card that you have:
- For ATI/AMD cards
Enter your ATI/AMD Catalyst Control Center and make sure that your card is set for Performance. Also make sure that Temporal Antialiasing is turned off. After this start the Client again.
- For NVIDIA cards
Enter to the NVIDIA control panel then set the 3D settings to performance instead of quality and the Anisotropic Filtering and Antialiasing Mode to APPLICATION CONTROLLED. After this start the Client again.
Generally integrated graphics chips have much lower performance than dedicated cards. To test if the integrated chip can handle Entropia select "Launch in Safe Mode" under Options and then test with "Low" and "Medium" settings within the client if that works. We recommend that you use dedicated video cards rather than integrated solutions for the best performance.
- Press the Print Screen key on your keyboard while being in Entropia Universe
- The screenshot should now be saved on your harddrive. Please see the Chat Windows System tab for the exact location.
Entropia Universe can save screenshots in both JPG and PNG. See the Options panel to select your preferred format.
Please do the following checks:
- Make sure that the speakers/headphones are correctly connected to the computer.
- Enable all windows sounds, for windows vista or 7 all application sounds run separately in the windows mixer make sure that Entropia Universe sounds are enabled.
- Open the tools in the Entropia Universe Client Loader, and make sure that “disable sounds” is not checked.
- Check that the in-game sounds are activated by opening the options menu and selecting “sound” make sure that all the bars are green.
Please have a look, and if the problem persists, do not hesitate to contact us via a support case.
Nvidia and ATI are the supported brands. For a more detailed specification, please have a look in the System Requirements.
Windows 7, 8 and 10
- Hold down the keyboard Windows key and press R
- in the "Open" field type dxdiag and press Enter
- Now the DirectX Diagnostic Tool window should open, check the "Display" tab:s Device section for info on your computers graphic card
- Click on Start button
- Click on Control Panel
- Click on Appearance and Personalization
- Click on Personalization
- Click on Display Settings. This is where you can find out what kind of graphics card your computer has.
The latest driver for your graphics card can be found on the website of the manufacturer of your card. If you have a Nvidia card, please visit http://www.nvidia.com, and if you have an ATI AMD card, please visit http://ati.amd.com.
If your computer does not meet the system requirements for Entropia Universe, not all graphics will be displayed correctly. You can try lowering all graphics settings in Options on the Entropia Universe Login window and in Options inworld. Apart from this, you should consider upgrading your computer.