Account Compromise Policy
What is an Account Compromise?
An account compromise is the unauthorized use of your Entropia Universe account by someone other than yourself.
MindArk's policy regarding Account Compromise
By accepting the ToU, you also agree to accept personal liability for all actions that occur through your account or through the use of your username and/or password.
If you should happen to wilfully or otherwise reveal your login information, you have relinquished your right to any assistance regarding the possible outcomes or consequences based upon your actions (ToU, §3).
How to prevent an Account Compromise
There are a few simple rules to follow if you wish to protect your Entropia Universe account:
- Do not reveal your login information to anyone. Unfortunately many account compromises turn out to be the work of close relatives, friends and/or society members. MindArk will NEVER ask you for such information.
- Choose your username/password with care. It should be easy for you to remember, but difficult for others to guess.
- Avoid using the same password or email address for the Entropia Universe as for other Internet communication (e.g. MSN, Facebook or Entropia Universe related forums).
- Do not respond to any email messages asking for your username/password. Please delete any such emails immediately.
- Save the address to the Entropia Universe official website as a bookmark and use that link when you want to visit our website.
- Avoid installing third party programs that are said to boast your Entropia Universe experience. Many such programmes contain viruses, trojans or keyloggers.
- Use a Gold Card with your account. Whether you purchase a Gold Card or accept the Gold Card Offer, this system will keep your account secure even if someone should get hold of your Entropia Universe account login Information.
Furthermore, you should also consider some general security tips when surfing the web:
- Avoid surfing on insecure sites - use common sense!
- Be careful with opening email attachments sent from people you do not know.
- Install a firewall and an antivirus software and keep this software updated!
- Regularly run an anti-spyware program.
- Run Windows Update regularly. This will help to correct any security issues and update built in security software.